Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thoughts For My Baby

My dearest little angel,
Though I cannot see you yet,
I know you're there, just waiting
For the day you take your breath.

I want to watch you grow and learn,
And live and laugh and love.
And I know God is watching,
Loving you, His son.

I want to be there, day by day,
Seeing who you'll be.
You'll skin your knees
And run around
And climb up every tree.

You'll also bring me flowers
And make me smile too.
You'll know that I will ALWAYS
Be not far from you.

I want to be a good mommy,
Mom, and Mother.
I want you to know that
You are not perfect,
As I am not perfect.
But I will love you
No matter what.

I want to tease you
On your first date,
And watch you kiss your bride.

And be the one you run to
When things are hurting inside.

I want to teach you
Of God and Man
And see which one you choose.

I want to know what lies ahead
And of God's plan for you.

My mind cannot yet comprehend
The mysteries of life.
But one day I will,
And so will you
And the rest of all mankind.

Until then, I am here,
Just waiting,
For the day you take your breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment